Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine's Blah!

So, I don't know where I went wrong with the whole Valentine's Day thing? I am a huge sucker for lovie doves stuff and romance and all that things that come along with it. So, where did I go wrong in marring the least romantic man on the face of the earth?

I know for a fact that at one point in time he would romance me. That is how he won me over! But somewhere along the line that person died and this unromantic butt head appeared! Our plans for the most romantic holiday of the year? Well, we are starting off the day with a nice dirt bike ride for him and his father. They will awake before the baby and I and travel an hour away for a ride. Then, he will come home, exhausted maybe take a nap and watch some fishing, only to awake in time to get ready for a "boys night out". Yes, a boys night out! He and his friend Corey will be attending a nice dirt bike race. And yes ladies, this will all par take on the one holiday of the year that a woman should be swooned and adored and reminded of how much our husbands, boyfriends, lovers love us!

So, you ask what I will be doing during this wonderfully romantic day? I will care for our beautiful baby girl as I do everyday! Then I will drop her off at grandma's for a few hours as I go out with my friend Kimmie to dinner and a movie. After which I am sure I will not only be picking up my sleeping daughter from her grandma's, but also picking up my drunk husband from said romantic dirt bike race!

God, you just gotta love Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Petals said...

Uh Oh. Does he know how much trouble he is in?

jennipoo82 said...

LOL! Now Chad's mad cuz he wanted to go to that and when he asked Derick a while back he said no cuz it's V-day :)